venerdì 25 marzo 2011

roll over, roll over

Hi everyone. There has been a sudden improvement in the physical skill department (no sitting up yet I'm afraid). It happened while I was lying on my tummy, working on my experiments with the flying butterfly, the colourful bird, and the rattly ball. A few days ago I managed to lift my arms in the air and swing them at the butterfly and the colourful bird. The bird makes a lovely rattly sound which I like to hear over and over again. Next to the bird there is a rolling ball which also rattles. I have learnt to make it spin really fast. The more it spins, the more it rattles. It's wonderful. I have really been working on these discoveries and am enjoying the results thoroughly. However today something happened which put everything in a very different perspective. As I was lying there, lifting one arm and then the other as high as I could, and then bashing the bird, the butterfly and the ball, I suddenly felt myself falling and my whole body flopped over. All of a sudden, there I was lying on my back looking up. The girl-with-the-pony-tail looked amazed and then started clapping her hands and singing a song. 'Roll over, roll over' it went. Well she was very happy, but I was a bit annoyed, because I couldn't get back into the tummy position and get on with my research. After singing this sogn she seemed to understand what I was thinking and flopped me back over. I think I'll try it again tomorrow.

1 commento:

  1. Well done Pete! Looking forward to seeing you in action.

    nonna A.

    RispondiElimina